“You can’t even spell Indiana without starting with India.” - Governor Eric Holcomb
What we do:
- The Indiana-India Business Council (IIBC) is a leading Indiana organization promoting trade and investments between Indiana and India.
- Indiana-India Business Council is a premier business advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening the economic and commercial relationships between Indiana and India. The Council’s primary mission is to serve as a direct liaison between business and government leaders.
- To help Indiana companies establish their presence and expand their customer base into Indian markets by providing access, resources, business opportunities and connections to generate exports and economic growth;
- To assist trade missions from India visiting Indiana to find and connect with Indiana based suppliers of goods and services and to help establish relationship;
- To provide a forum for members to better understand, develop and promote constructive federal, state and local, public policies that are important to the advancement of international trade.
“In fact, I told PM Modi when I was governor of Indiana, one of my ambitions was to be the first governor from Indiana to visit India.” “I didn’t get it done then, but the Prime Minister Modi and I had a nice chuckle, because he told me that the words ‘India ana’ mean come to India.” -Vice President Pence at #USIBC42